A cradle of many civilizations, a motherland of hundreds of nations, a place where empires have been born and prospered - this is what Eurasia is. Covering the huge area of Europe and Asia, today Eurasia does not act as a single economic or political unity, neither has a supranational identity. However, there are many integration projects being implemented here.
The contemporary realm dictates its own rules of geopolitical interaction. In terms of modern reality we may affirm with confidence that the inter-state interaction is being transformed into an interaction of civilizations, regional unions and cultural-historical systems. And that kind of interaction determines the essence of the contemporary multipolar world. The latter rises a question among the experts as well as the actors of “realpolitik” whether the Eurasian space will become a united actor of geopolitics. Shall we expect an emergence of a unique Eurasian civilizational community nowadays and how the integration processes in the Eurasian area may find their reflection on the political map as well as on the geopolitical reality of XXI century?
The integration process in Eurasia even today play an important role in the framework of the system of IR and in it is highly crucial to have some conceptions regarding the issue of cooperation with other regional unions as the Eurasian Union is.
The mission of “Eurasia-Bridge” is to reveal not only the essential basis of the possible formation of a “new Eurasian civilizational community”, but also to implement a more applied, practical analysis on the ongoing regional processes in the Eurasian area underlining their influence on world geopolitics. Another objective of our project is the issue of interaction between the Eurasian Union and other regional and world unions in the scope of such issues as trade and freedom of capital movement, freedom of visa-free regime, development of transborder and transit infrastructure, technical regulations and protection of the rights of intellectual property etc.
As a substantial basis for our activities we admit that despite the difficulties of the contemporary geopolitical situation and the confrontation of world and regional powers in many parts of the world, the dialogue between EEU and EU, between EEU and NATO, between Russia and USA, between China, Russia, USA and other geopolitical actors has no alternatives. There is an absolute necessity on creating and ensuring a productive interaction between those powers which is determined by historical and geographical factors as well as by modern geopolitical and geo-economic reality. Thus, revealing the points of interaction, an analysis of regional tendencies, a demonstration of deep historical, cultural and political processes in the Eurasian area serve as another objective of our Center.
The goal of the project
- Creation of a multi-genre platform which will highlight not only local “targeted” events but will also reveal and describe political, economic and social trends and, thus, will give opportunities for expressing various points and holding discussions on specific topics.
- Highlighting the key social-economic, political, cultural and humanitarian events occurring in the area of Eurasian continent.
- Creation of a platform for an exchange of opinions on development issues among the experts both from Eurasian Economic Union and from other parts of Eurasia.
- Analysis of the current situation and an estimation of the perspectives of development of the relations between Eurasian Economic Union and European Union.
- Creation of a pool of experts who will not only analyze the processes observed in EEU and EU, but will also come up with some mid-term and long-term prognoses regarding the dynamics of development of the EEU, its cooperation with EU, as well as on issues of regional geopolitical tendencies.